Warm weather, the promise of longer days and plenty of opportunities to explore Dayton near and far. This list has you covered to keep everyone busy!
1. Try out a splash pad on hot day around town.
2. Jump on a pony every Saturday until October at Carriage Hill Metro Park.
3. Go to Child Safety Day in Beavercreek on June 28. Free!
4. Check out dollar movies at Cinemark.
5. See WAITRESS live on stage at the Schuster Center, June 25-30.
6. Check out a Touch A Truck event.
7. Ride the trains at Carillon Park!
8. Enjoy live outdoor music at The Greene all summer long.
9. Visit the Tree Tower at Cox Arboretum MetroPark.
10. Join the Dayton Metro Library Summer Challenge to win prizes!
11. Find the perfect place for you and the family U-Pick Berries!
12. Have a Day Out with Thomas at Whitewater Valley Railroad, June 22 – 23 & 28 – 30, 2019.
13. Check out Kids Bowl Free now until August.
14. Visit the Adventure Reef Waterpark on a hot summer day!
15. Check out this list of FREE FUN in Dayton.
16. Take an adventure down the Great Miami River Trail.
17. Spend a day at Land of Illusion.
18. Check out our full list of Summer Festivals in Dayton!
19. Visit the National Museum of the United States Air Force for a Family Day on June 15, July 20, August 17, September 28, October 18 and November 16.
20. Shop local and stroll around 2nd Street Market.
21. Take advantage of a special value wristband good for all day, unlimited family fun at Young’s this Independence Day Week. June 28- July 7.
22. Visit the Children’s Discovery Garden at Wegerzyn Gardens.
23. Visit the New Children’s Area at Wilmington Stroop Library!
24. Go to Reds Days at the Cincinnati Zoo on June 17.
25. Jump the day away at Get Air!
26. Check out a drive-in movie theater. Ohio is the 3rd largest state to still have drive-ins open!
27. Take a mini road trip with one of our ideas of 12 quick getaways.
28. Visit the Little Art Theater for a family matinee.
29. Join the Summer Pet Club at SICSA.
30. Take a Tram Tour at Cox Arboretum MetroPark- and it’s FREE!
31. Visit Kings Island for a day of fun!
32. Plan a little weekend trip to canoe or kayak.
33. Celebrate German traditions around the city at the Germanfest Picnic at Riverscape MetroPark August 9-11.
34. Visit libraries around Greater Dayton to see Wump Mucket Puppets.
35. Visit a new place to find a sweet treat around town.
36. Enjoy a FREE family- fun evening at Runaway Fest on August 9.
37. Visit the SICSA for Furry Film Night on June 7, July 19 or August 9.
38. Take your lunch break at RiverScape MetroPark and listen to acoustic music.
39. Ride to the Carillon Historical Park on the Great Miami Trail, July 1.
40. Go to the Macy’s Kids, Cultures, Critters and Crafts Festival at the Cincinnati Zoo on July 17.
41. Visit the Butterfly House at Cox Arboretum.
42. Take a hike at Glen Helen Nature Center.
43. Youth can fish without a license in Ohio- try at one of these spots!
44. Go to a Dayton Dragons game with the family!
45. Visit the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery!
46. Visit a playground worth the drive one weekend.
47. Go to a Reds Family Day game on a Sunday.
48. Visit the Cincinnati Zoo on August 17 or 18 and get Half- Priced Admission for Visitor Appreciation Days.
49. Visit the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis!
50. Make some art at Decoy Art Studio!