Headlined by the world renowned U.S. Navy Blue Angels, the 2018 Vectren Dayton Air Show Presented by Kroger will launch its 44th annual show next weekend, June 23rd and 24th, at the Dayton International Airport. The Blues will be joined by other military favorites in the air such as the U.S. Air Force F-22 Raptor demonstration team and the U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team.
The 2018 show will feature many other top attractions. Here are some highlights of what spectators will see at Dayton’s premier summer event:
- TORA! TORA! TORA! – It’s Sunday, December 7, 1941 and you are there. Experience an emotional reenactment of the bombing of Pearl Harbor complete with sensational pyrotechnics.
- Sean D. Tucker – Watch the 2008 National Hall of Fame Inductee put his 400 hp Oracle Challenger through his entertaining performance for the very last time; 25 years after his first Dayton show.
- B-17 Movie Memphis Belle – See the star of the 1990 Warner Brother film Memphis Belle, fly in honor of this famous WWII bomber which completed 25 missions over Nazi Germany and returned to England with all crew members alive, the first B-17 to do so.
- Vicky Benzing – Watch West Coast star, “fastest woman at Reno Air Races ever”, perform for the first time at Dayton. She flies her action-packed routine in the high-performance Extra 300S. Go girl!
- Redline Aerobatics Team – See Cincinnati pilots Ken Rieder and Jon Thocker show off the planes they built in their garages as the perform thrilling opposing, inverted and formation maneuvers.
- Screamin’ Sasquatch – Witness a 1929 Jet Waco biplane fly straight-up and perform unbelievable maneuvers. This classic airplane built in Troy has its original Pratt & Whitney 450 horsepower radial engine and now a jet engine strapped to its belly enabling it to perform these amazing feats.
- Tuskegee P-51 Mustang and Rise Above Theater – See the “Red Tail” P-51 Mustang flown in WWII by the famous Tuskegee Airmen – America’s first black military pilots. Also, enjoy a short film about the history and legacy of these great airmen
There will also be…
- Impressive ground displays – Tour aircraft from modern military to WWII warbirds to unique civilian aircraft like the massive Air Force B-52 heavy Bomber, Orbis MD-10 Flying Eye Hospital, Marine Corp MV-22 Osprey, carrier-based Navy E-2C Hawkeye reconnaissance aircraft and more.
- Meet and greet the members of the U.S. military – Let our current military personnel show you the impressive aircraft and equipment they use to protect our freedom. It’s a great opportunity to thank them for their service to our country too.
- Fun for the entire family including the Vectren Kids Hangar, interactive activities and displays. Don’t miss out on the delicious food, beverages and merchandise as a keepsake for your special day at one of the greatest air shows in the country.
“What an awesome show we have for you in 2018”, said Scott Buchanan, Chairman of the United States Air and Trade Show Board of Trustees, producers of the show. “I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the volunteers, sponsors and fans for making the show possible. We look forward to a sensational weekend”, he added.
Buy discounted general admission tickets at Dayton and Cincinnati area Kroger stores, the exclusive advance ticket outlet for the Vectren Dayton Air Show Presented by Kroger. Patrons will enjoy a $7 savings for adult and $3 savings for senior citizen and child tickets off gate prices when purchased at Kroger. This means at Kroger only adult tickets are available for $18 while senior citizen and child advance tickets are $13.
WHERE: Dayton International Airport · 3800 Wright Drive · Vandalia, OH 45377-1004 · Phone: 937-898-5901 · Fax: 937-898-5121 · www.daytonairshow.com
Popular specialty seating options are also on sale at the show’s website, www.daytonairshow.com. Customers enjoy convenient print-at-home or print-to-mobile options on all website purchases.
Spectators can get to the show with ease by taking the continuous Park & Ride Express Shuttle service provided by Greater Dayton RTA from the U.S. Air Force Museum and Wright Stop Plaza in downtown Dayton to the show’s main gate. Go to www.riderta.org or call 937-425-8300 for more information.
Founded in 1975, the Vectren Dayton Air Show Presented by Kroger is one of North America’s premier air shows. It features world-class aerobatic champions, military jet demonstrations and entertainment for the whole family, celebrating Dayton’s rich aviation heritage as home of the Wright Brothers, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force and National Aviation Heritage Area. It is produced by the United States Air and Trade Show, Inc., a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit Ohio corporation that relies on sponsorship and community support to offset costs. The Dayton/Montgomery County Convention and Visitors Bureau estimates the show adds $3.2 million to the region’s economy every year.