“What are we going to do today?” whines one. “I’m bored!” cries another. Soon a chorus of complaints fill the air. The bubble of bliss has popped, and they won’t stop until a solution has been found. It’s hard to balance daily entertainment with a reasonable budget, but Dayton Parent has you covered:
The list below opens up many possibilities for fun activities for $5 or less in Dayton!
1. Fly on over to National Museum of US Air Force! Free.
2. Explore your history at Carillon History Park. $5 admission.
3. Be awestruck by the amazing pieces at the Dayton Art Institute! Free for kids, special $5 admission for parents mentioning Dayton Parent!
4. Visit the Boonshoft Museum of Discovery on select Saturdays for Super Science Saturdays! Free admission.
5. Zoom into America’s Packard Museum! Adults are $6. Students are Free!
6. Take a step back in time at the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park with the authentic and interactive exhibits! Free Admission.
7. Spice it up at The Neon, an independent theater, for only $5.50 on Tuesdays!
8. Visit Butterflies of Madagascar at the Krohn Conservatory until June 17. Admission is $4 for kids ages 5-17.
9. Tour the Woodland Cemetery and Arboretum for fascinating finds. Free.
10. Discover more about America’s aviation pioneers, legacies, and feats at the National Aviation Hall of Fame Learning Center, located in the National Museum of U.S. Air Force. Free.
11. Stroll around at the PNC 2nd Street Market during the Saturday Farmer’s Markets. Free admission.
12. Take a tour of the Paul Laurence Dunbar House Historic Site and test your knowledge! Free Admission.
13. Become a true farmer at Possum Creek MetroPark, which is stocked with farmhouses full of animals! Free Admission.
14. Join the fun at Learning Tree Farm’s for $3.00 admission.
15. Climb to the tree tower at Cox Arboretum. Free.
16. Try one of the Indoor Playgrounds on a rainy day.
17. Express your artsy side by painting glass pieces at Decoy Art Studio! Glass pieces start at $5.
18. Be part of the KidX Club at The Mall at Fairfield Commons and take in FREE monthly family events
19. Don’t break the bank taking the family out to eat, see where Kids Eat Free around Dayton!
20. See who is offering Free Museum Days near Dayton.
21. Visit your local library for storytimes.
22. Experience entertainment in a whole new dimension at the 4-D Motions Theaters! $5 per ride/movie.
23. Head to Skateworld of Kettering for $5 admission on certain days when you dress the theme!
24. Go to one or all of the Free Family Days the Museum of the U.S. Air Force.
25. Sign up for Kids Bowl Free.
26. Find out who is giving Birthday Freebies on your special day!
27. Swim, climb, and play at the Vandalia Rec Center! $5 admission.
28. Visit the new Gravity Rail at Beavercreek Park.
29. Cool off at the interactive fountain at the RiverScape MetroPark! Free.
30. Fish at the Englewood MetroPark! Free.
31. Build, explore, or cool off at one of the themed gardens in the Children’s Discovery Garden. Free.
32. Head over to the Germanfest Picnic in August. Free admission.
33. Ride the carousel at Carillon Historical Park. $5 for kids 3-17.
34. Let your imagination run wild at the new and improved Dayton Metro Library.
35. Burn away energy at the Magic Castle Soft Play! $5.00 admission.
36. Put your mini golf skills to the test at the Challenger Course! $5 fee for Children under 11.
37. Bolt through the Laser Web Lazer Maze! $3 per game.
38. Jump for joy at the Englewood Fun Center! $5 per 30 minutes.
39. Bring the whole family to Young’s Jersey Dairy on Tuesday nights for special deals on activities!
40. Find your way through the Bell’s Children Maze at the Cox Arboretum! Free.
41. Monkey around at the Fairborn Community Park playground! Free.
42. Take a break from the blazing sun at the Washington Township Recreation Center and try the indoor climbing wall and or indoor pool! $5 for youth non residents, $2.50 for youth residents
43. Print off coupons here to get free skating admission at Orbit Fun Center! $3 skate rental.
44. Trot with your tot on Saturdays at Carriage Hill Metro Park! $5 per ride.
45. Find fun and free events weekly at the library!
46. Spend select Wednesdays at the Fraze Pavillion for free events and exhibits!
47. Become a prince or a princess at the Loveland Castle! $5 admission, kids 5 and Under are free.
48. Pick berries at Berryhill Farm! $2.95 per pound.
49. Video Arcade & Games (varies from 25 cents to $1) at at XD- Max.
50. Discover the fun at Wegerzyn Gardens.