10. Where else can you go where everything you get is FREE?! We’ve got free books, free movies, free video games, free magazines, free music, free eBooks, free Wi-Fi, and much, much more!
9. Did I mention free music? Have you heard of Freegal? With your library card, you can download five songs every week from Freegal, which has millions of great songs from which to choose. And the best part? They’re yours forever!
8. Great programs! From baby storytimes to adult computer classes, the library has programs for every member of your family. Check out our calendar of events to find one that’s perfectly suited for you.
7. We’ve got TONS of information. With thousands of books (and access to millions more), a wide selection of research databases, and reference librarians here to assist you, the library is THE place to come to start your research.
6. With so many online resources, you can enjoy lots of the benefits of the library from the comfort of your own home. Checking out eBooks, downloading music, using TumbleBook Library, and renewing the items you’ve checked out, are just a few of the things you can do online, without having to leave the house!
4. If you’re having a hectic day and need to regain your sanity, you can stop in, find a comfy chair, and drown out your troubles with a great book.
3. Our booklists! If you’ve run out of books by your favorite author, finished the last book in a series, or just plain don’t know what to read next, we have booklists for kids, teens, and adults to help. Check them out for some great reading recommendations!
1. The librarians! You didn’t think I’d write a whole post about the library being awesome without giving myself a little shout-out, did you? 🙂 Seriously, though, as librarians our most important job is to help you. Whether it’s suggesting a great book to read, locating books you can’t find, or assisting you with just about anything else (we’ve heard it all!), we’re happiest when you’re happy.