A lot of questions pop up when you’re considering having a child or preparing for the birth of your baby.
Beyond reading prenatal books or checking pregnancy apps on your phone, Kettering Health Network offers interactive opportunities to parents-to-be so they can feel as ready as possible to welcome their little one.
If you’re expecting, or thinking about starting a family soon, there is a lot of information to take in! Kettering Health Network hosts Baby Fairs at each of its maternity centers to expecting and planning-to-expect parents. Baby Fairs are free, open-house events where future parents can learn more about successful pregnancy planning, financial planning, what to anticipate during pregnancy, and what to expect once baby arrives.
Plan and Prepare for Pregnancy
- Meet obstetricians
- Receive fertility and conception information
- Childbirth education sign-up
- Tour Labor & Delivery Suites
- Car seat safety education
- Visit baby retailer and resource booths
Fun for the Entire Family
- Dad trivia
- Balloon artist
- Face painting
Southview Baby Fair
June 4, 2-4 p.m.
Maternity Center Tours
One way to help you and your partner feel more relaxed at the birth of your baby is to take a tour of the maternity center where you will be delivering. Seeing the rooms, having a nurse explain the process, and meeting some of the staff beforehand will provide you with an idea of what to expect when the big day arrives.
At Kettering Health Network’s labor & delivery suites are designed with comfort in mind and offer amenities to provide you with the most optimal delivery experience.
- Spacious, private rooms with restrooms
- Large windows providing an abundance of natural light
- Couches and/or sleeper sofa/chairs in the room to accommodate family members
- Televisions in each room with DVD players
- WiFi to stream movies or educational videos
- Nutrition stations on the floor for family members
Whether you’re a first-time parent or already have children, navigating pregnancy, delivery, and caring for a newborn can be overwhelming. Kettering Health Network maternity centers offer all the classes and information you need when you have a baby on the way. From childbirth and infant CPR classes, to breastfeeding programs and support groups, our experts will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to be prepared for your baby.
- Baby Care
- Breastfeeding Preparation
- Childbirth Preparation
- Grandparents Class
- Infant / Child CPR
- Laboring Naturally
- Preparation for Multiples
- Sibling Class
- Teen Childbirth Preparation