Land of Illusion is best know for its Halloween hauntings and Christmas festivities. But in the summer of 2018, it opened southwest Ohio’s only water obstacle course. Before school begins, your family must spend a day at the new Land of Illusion Aqua Adventure, which features inflatable obstacles, water slides and so much more.
Located in Middletown, Land of Illusion Aqua Adventure sits on a bright blue reservoir surrounded by a sandy beach. Your family will love splashing and jumping on the Wibit Adventure Zone bounce course. Littles to adults will slip n’ slide and spend an afternoon or weekend enjoying this healthy activity… who knew exercise could be this fun?!?!
Last weekend, my family along with my daughter’s friends enjoyed a fun afternoon at Land of Illusion. After arriving and signing waivers, we were taken by golf cart to the reservoir. Knowing that beach lounge chairs are first come first serve, we brought our own lawn chairs. We found a spot on the beach to rest our essentials and review the area. Then after everyone was sunscreen protected, we headed to the reservoir to collect life vests. And then the fun began…
For an hour, my husband and the girls bounced, jumped and enjoyed all the thrills that the Aqua Adventure allowed. Their smiles and laughter were contagious as I watched the fun from the shaded porch of Sandy Cove and Aqua Lounge.
Then the girls and hubby needed to refuel and enjoyed fruit slushees (their food and beverage menu offers a variety of great meal choices). As they were enjoying their treats, everyone mentioned how they were getting a great ab workout. The Aqua Adventure definitely uses all the muscle groups (lots of climbing).
Our group played another hour in the Aqua Adventure. But if you are looking for other activities, Land of Illusion offers:
- Paddle Bay – Paddle Board in the relaxing blue water
- Game Works – Play a game of Horseshoes or Corn Hole
- The Spike Spot – Enjoy a friendly game of Sand Volleyball (Leagues Offered)
Before arriving at Land of Illusion Aqua Adventure, keep the following in mind:
- Purchase tickets online and save
- Sign waivers for everyone in your group
- Water socks are allowed (no water shoes)
- Bring lots of sunscreen and a hat
- They provide life vests but encouraged to bring your own
- Swim at your own risk — there are no lifeguards
- 43″ is the minimum height requirement
- No outside food or coolers (baby formula and medical supplies are allowed)
Everyone was happily exhausted leaving Land of Illusion. The girls can’t wait to go back and attempt more challenges in the water. To plan your day of aqua adventure or for more information, including admission and hours, visit landofillusion.com.