Big news: Kings Island set to reopen in July!
This morning, Kings Island announced 2020 season opening dates on their website. The park will open July 2-11 to season pass holders, and July 12 to the general public.
Kings Island has put stringent health, safety and hygiene protocols in place to allow a safe opening. The park will be open initially for Season Passholders only and shortly thereafter for daily ticketholders.
“We are ready to welcome our guests back to Kings Island for some long-overdue fun,” said Mike Koontz, General Manager of Kings Island. “The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority. The park’s new health and safety protocols align with CDC recommendations, and have been shaped by information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials.”
New safety protocol includes:
- A new online reservation system whereupon each guest is required to have a reservation;
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear masks as directed by the protocols;
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitization stations;
- Capacity management throughout the park.
All guests are asked to download Kings Island’s free mobile app to make a reservation and facilitate their park visit. 2020 Season Passes have been extended to through 2021.
For more information, visit Kings Island’s website.