COVID-19 just keeps forcing us all to do our work differently. Regardless of the challenges, Preschool Promise is here to support families. Preschoolers still need to get ready for Kindergarten. Because many children will not be able to consistently attend their Preschool this year, and other families are opting not to enroll their children at all, Preschool Promise created a new initiative called Preschool Promise PLUS.
Children who are 4-years old and reside in Montgomery County — whether or not they are attending Preschool — may be eligible to join and receive the benefit package detailed below.
- Free Tablet: We’ll send all families a tablet to help their child learn at home including children who are attending a preschool in person. Families who don’t have Internet access will get a small data plan. The tablet will be theirs to keep, and there will be controls on it to limit the usage for educational purposes.
- ABC Mouse Subscription: ABC Mouse, an easy-to-use online learning platform, will be pre-loaded on the tablet, and families will receive a free, year-long subscription. ABC Mouse includes fun, interactive games designed to improve children’s language and math skills.
- Book-of-the-Month: We’ll mail a carefully selected book to the home of each child.
- Play Boxes: Every month children will receive a box with materials and activities to do at home that will help them practice the skills they’ll need in Kindergarten. We’ll create videos to complement the boxes and help families make learning fun.
- Monthly Postcard: Families will receive a monthly postcard with tips to help their child get ready for Kindergarten.
- Tuition Assistance: As always, those attending a Preschool Promise site may be eligible to receive financial help to offset the cost of their tuition. This help is only available at participating Preschool Promise partner programs.
- Birthday Card: Children will get a birthday card when they turn five, and a special surprise.
For more information, email us at [email protected], or call (937) 329-2700. There is no cost to join. Preschool Promise is a publicly funded initiative created to ensure that more Montgomery County children have the opportunity to attend one year of high-quality Preschool. Families may enroll online at www.PreschoolPromise.org/apply.