Did you know that all children are musical? Children are born movers, sounders, and explorers – the perfect foundation to develop the ability to sing, dance and play. But he or she also needs the disposition to explore and grow musically – a special spark in their heart that can only be developed through the nurturing care of the “grownups who love them.”
This is why YOU are so important to their musical journey, and Music Together of South Dayton is here to help. Even if you are still trying to socially distance this summer, you still have the opportunity to nurture your child’s music development and stay connected with other musical families in your community through Music Together Online!
Music Together Online is a package of online music experiences and resources that creates a comprehensive music learning program with the same high quality you’re used to with the Music Together program. I know- it sounds strange, but stick with us and keep reading! And, please be sure to read the section below about screen time and adult involvement . . .
Families enrolled for Summer Music Together Online (starting June 27) will have access to these experiences:
- TWO Livestream Music Classes each week, for a full 6-week summer semester
- Unlimited Makeups, plus Pre-Recorded Lessons, to give you multiple options for fitting music time into your weekly routine
- New Song Collections and Songbooks (you will receive a physical copy of the songbook in the mail, as well as access to a download code for music and a digital copy of the songbook)
- Access to our SUPER SECRET Summer Semester Facebook Group to stay connected to your musical community
- Bonus Video Content, including musical craft and song activity ideas, storytime and lullaby songs, live dance parties, and more!
- Special Events, including live dance parties, musical scavenger hunts, and outdoor singalongs
- Downloadable family resources (coloring and activity pages, etc)
Wait, screen time?
We know screen time isn’t generally recommended for this age group, but here’s the difference: YOU! When children stare at a screen and passively receive information, they don’t take it in the same way, nor do they learn in the same way as when they have the active participation of a caregiver or parent. SO, just like in our classes, you’re still the most important part. Your teacher will be on the screen, but it is truly the interaction of the parent/caregiver with the child that is going to continue their music development! We will give you lots of fun activities and ideas to do at home, to help you along in the process. Also, please remember that your child may not sit still the whole time! We don’t expect them to do so in class, so please don’t expect them to at home. For some of our children, this new platform will be a gradual process getting used to the routine each week, just as the rest of us are still adjusting to this “new normal.” You’ll simply keep making music with the teacher on the screen, follow along, and have faith your child is getting the usual educational, musical enrichment from your involvement, even if they move about the room!
Want to see what MTO is like? Join us for a free virtual demo either the week of June 8-13 or June 15-20. See the schedule of class options below, then contact Center Director Heather at [email protected] to RSVP and get the Zoom link!
- Mixed Age (ages 0-5): Monday-Saturday mornings at 10 am
- Rhythm Kids (ages 4-8): Wednesdays at 11 am, Thursdays at 5:30 pm, Saturdays at 11 am
Since 1987, Music Together (website) has introduced millions of children, parents, and caregivers across the world to the joys of music-making and the powerful benefits of having music in their lives. In our nonstop world, is easy to fall into the rut of being music consumers rather than music makers. But actively making music is so important to a child’s overall development – as we say at Music Together, “Music Learning Supports ALL Learning.” This is why active music exploration, along with meaningful interaction with the grownups they love, has never been more essential, whether it is being done in person or virtually for now!
And a special deal Dayton Parent Magazine readers – use coupon code DP15 at checkout to get $15 off your tuition!