Bugs and insects rule in the diary of unlikely best friends Worm, Spider and Fly. Worm eats his homework, Fly believes she has superpowers, and Spider can’t wait to grow up and molt. Promoting eco-consciousness, earth science and tolerance of others, Diary of a Worm, a Spider, and a Fly is a joyful, hip exploration of the world outside. The opening number, a rap entitled “A Lot Like You,” immediately connects our lives with the little creatures from our own backyards.
Diary of a Worm, a Spider, and a Fly at Victoria Theatre Association March 23rd at 1:00 & 4:00 pm.
It’s the first day of school and everyone wants to look cool. Teacher Mrs. McBee assigns “All About Me” reports for homework. Spider boasts about his magnificent legs, Fly is preparing to protect the planet, Butterfly looks forward to migrating to Mexico, and Ant shows off his strength. Worm can’t stop himself from eating his assignments, but is that the real reason he won’t complete this one? Will Fly get her own room away from 327 brothers and sisters, or find her superpowers in time to save Aunt Rita? Why has Spider missed DAYS of school? And who will be the lucky members of The Dirt Bag Club? When Worm finally finds his confidence, it’s a celebration of all the world’s little creatures, and their place and importance to the Earth!
You might just find that a bug’s life is not all that different from your own!
AGE RECOMMENDATION: Recommended for ages 5 and up.
ON SALE NOW: Sign up for special offers and deals here: http://ow.ly/tFeY30lilCX
SHOWTIMES & LOCATION:
• Saturday – 1 p.m. & 4 p.m.
• Victoria Theatre | 138 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45402
THE 4 P.M. PERFORMANCE WILL BE SIGN INTERPRETED. Audio description is available upon request. Please let the ticket agent know at least two weeks before the performance if you would like either of these services when you order your tickets at Ticket Center Stage. If you are interested in either of these services for another performance, please contact Ticket Center Stage. Please understand that while we will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations, certain requests may not be able to be honored.
MORE INFORMATION: victoriatheatre.com/family
• 4 Family shows for just $48 per person or 5 Family shows for $60! Family Series Season Tickets are available online at Ticket Center Stage, at the Box Office, or by phone at 937-228-3630 or 888-228-3630.
• Hands-On Rolling Workshop: 2:15-3:45 p.m. (Between performances) for $5 per child. Ages 5 and up. Whether you stay right after the 1 p.m. performance, or come a little early to the 4 p.m. performance, our “rolling” workshops in between performances are only $5 per child, ages 5-10, and parents may participate for free. Workshops are conducted by Victoria Theatre Association teaching artists and are not conducted by the show’s cast or crew.
• Storytime: You can also join for a free, interactive storytime in the Victoria Theatre’s Kettering Reception Room at 3:15 p.m. Enjoy great events related to the show you’ve come to see!
• Ticket Center Stage is the only outlet authorized to sell tickets to events at the Schuster Center, Victoria Theatre, and The Loft Theatre.
• Part of the Morris Furniture Co. (Morris Home) Family Series.
Ticket Center Stage is the only outlet authorized to sell tickets to events at the Schuster Center, Victoria Theatre, PNC Arts Annex and The Loft Theatre.