Read . . . Discuss . . . Have fun . . . Get Practice & Support from Other Parents & a Certified Parents Toolshop® Group Facilitator
Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE is a second-generation parent educator and president of Parent’s Toolshop® Consulting. She is the author of 100+ resources for parents and family life professionals, including her award-winning book, The Parent’s Toolshop. (See them at www.ParentsToolshop.org.) For over 30 years, Jody has trained parents and professionals through her dynamic presentations. As an internationally-recognized parenting expert, publications like Parents magazine and radio/TV talk shows regularly quote her advice.
Research-Based Techniques, Tips, and Training You Can Trust
Parents Toolshop® is the culmination of decades of research, outcome evaluation testing, and real- world success. The program performed a 10 year outcome evaluation study involving almost 2000 parents and professionals from diverse backgrounds.
- In participant evaluations, 83% rated the program “excellent,” 100% rated it “good” or “excellent.” 96% said they learned new information and 100% said they would recommend the program to others
- Of the parents who had custody of their children, 100% said they successfully used the skills with their children and 92% said they had used the skills with other children, or to improve adult relationships.
Dayton Parent readers receive a 25% discount on the individual registration through September 7th. Enter DPM in the coupon code box!
Nearly 1300 parents participated in an eight-week parenting class in the Dayton (Ohio) area. Almost 1000 of these parents completed an outcome-focused pre/post class parenting skill assessment to evaluate their knowledge and mastery of the 11 skill areas. Here are the results:
- Nearly 825 parents successfully graduated from the parenting class (83% graduation rate)
- Almost 100% (99.6%) showed improvement in their parenting skills
- On a scale of 11 points, the average improvement in skills was 2.4 points, from below the midrange (5.41) to the “more skillful” range (7.81). Nearly 20% scored in the highest skill range!
Attend this program if YOU:
- Want to be a great parent, but are busy and need tips and practical tools you can use right away to see results–not just theory.
- Want to raise your children to be respectable, independent, successful adults, and want to be sure you’re on “the right track.”
- Want to prevent as many parenting problems as possible and have the tools to skillfully handle unexpected challenges that arise.
- Want to feel more confident and competent as a parent.
In this FUN interactive workshop, you will walk away with. . .
✓ A parenting style that helps you reach your long-term parenting goals. Attend with your parenting partners, so you are “on the same page.”
✓ A step-by-step, easy-to-follow formula you can use to find the best response to ANY parenting challenge — that meets your child’s needs and family’s values.
✓ Knowing how to nurture self-esteem instead of self-centeredness so children have the confidence to think for themselves and resist peer-pressure.
✓ Strategies that will get kids to cooperate the first time you ask without power struggles, bribes, tantrums or sass.
✓ A three-step formula for decreasing the drama when your children are upset and teaching children how to solve their own problems and make responsible decisions.
✓ Ten tools for expressing your concerns to children with “parent deafness,” without guilt trips or blame.
✓ An understanding of why children misbehave and how to prevent or stop it for good!
✓ An easy-to-follow formula for disciplining your child, so you aren’t the bad guy, they learn from their mistakes and become self-disciplined, responsible children.
When: 8 Tuesdays, September 11 – October 30, 2018- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Where: Soin Medical Center, Beavercreek, Ohio Tuition: $270 Individuals, $405 Couples
Seating is limited. Register now to guarantee your seat. This class is for adults only; child care is not available. On-line at: http://parentstoolshop.org/live-tips ~ Call: 937-372-2259 Mail: Send contact information, class location and dates along with a check made out to “Parents Toolshop” to: Parents Toolshop® Consulting, P.O. Box 343 ~ Springboro, OH 45066
This is a fabulous program!! I am a parent, a grandparent, a therapist for children and adolescents and their families, and a former elementary school teacher and wish all parents would take this workshop. It is so effective, positive, and useful…and so “user-friendly.” I have recommended it to many families, including my own adult children. A million “thank-you’s” Jody, for this treasured gift! — Valerie K. Sorosiak, MS, PCC
Your class has been a life changing and enlightening experience that has given me hope! Thank you for teaching your course and empowering parents. — Mary Mancuso
This class was excellent, I would highly recommend Jody to anyone with kids – she has so many amazing recommendations to help your children grow to be independent, strong and loving people. Thanks! — Amy Rhode
These skills can be used in all your relationships (personal & business). I was amazed at the simplicity of the techniques. All it takes is some practice! — Susan Vance
After learning the Cooperation Toolset, I put it to the test with my strong-willed children. We didn’t have a single argument or power struggle the entire week! Isn’t that a small miracle? I even got my daughter to stop whining! — Lena Guilfoil