Every year, several acres of sunflowers burst into bloom in a field along U.S. 68, attracting hundreds of visitors who stop to take pictures. Just recently, The Sunflower Field in Yellow Springs has bloomed and you do not want to miss your chance to see the sunflowers before they go!
Here is what you need to know about The Sunflower Field in Yellow Springs:
- The sunflowers are fading fast- so hurry and get there!
- DO NOT PARK OR STOP ON U.S. 68! Doing so creates a hazard for those driving past the field. Instead, turn down the lane off of U.S. 68 and park in the open pasture to your right. Parking is free, so there is no excuse!
- Commercial activity, solicitations, and for-profit activities are NOT permitted.
- Please respect the privacy of the family, and stay within the sunflower field area.
- The sunflower field is located on US Rt 68 between the village of Yellow Springs and Youngs Jersey Dairy, across from Peifer Orchards.
- For the best photos, visit on a sunny day in the first couple of hours after sunrise or before sunset.
- Important: The Sunflower field is a PRIVATE property, owned by a family who live on the farm and plant the sunflowers for all of us to enjoy. So please, Leave No Trace – which includes not picking the sunflowers and limit your visit to the field itself.
- Weekday mornings are the time to go!