Summer is OFFICIALLY here and that means the blueberries are ripe and ready for the pickin’!
I have been looking forward to taking my daughter to a U-Pick farm all year! My kid can eat her weight in blueberries so I knew that this would be a hit! 🙂 There are so many great U-Pick farms in the Dayton area (check out our guide here) but we tried out one just down the road called Once in a Blue Moon Farm. We saw hundreds upon hundreds of ripe blueberries just waiting to be picked!
Our little one had a great time! Here are some helpful tips for your family before going picking at Once in a Blue Moon:
- They will supply the bag lined buckets for picking
- Once in a Blue Moon accepts cash or personal check ONLY. NO credit or debit cards.
- Price per pound is $3.75, Pre-picked pints are $5, quarts $10
- Children are welcome but should stay with parents at all times.
- They do spray for insects (Japanese beetles, fruit flies, etc) so berries need washed before eating. Please do not eat berries in the field.
- Closed toed shoes are recommended
- They post picking schedules weekly BUT they change due to weather and field conditions. Please check before coming for cancelations.