Juneteenth- The Celebration of Freedom is a holiday that commemorates the June 19, 1865, announcement of the abolition of slavery in Texas, and more generally the emancipation of African-American slaves throughout the Confederate South.
When: Saturday, June 17
Where: McIntosh Park (corner of Riverview and Edwin C. Moses)
- Red Velvet 5k starts a 9:00 am
- Join hundreds of people as you run along the beautiful Wolf Creek Bike Trail while eating a variety of cupcakes like Red Velvet, Southern Comfort and others along the way.)
- 11:00 am to 4:30 pm
- “Best In the West” Rib and Southern Comfort Food Taste Competition
- Kids Area featuring The Party Bus
- Outdoor Experience Fun Area provided by Five Rivers Metro Park
- Live Music from local music groups
- Mini Veggiepooloza
- And much more!
[The fun doesn’t stop here! Be sure to check out our Calendar of Events for more fun around Dayton!]