HallZOOween, presented by Frisch’s Big Boy, kicks off this weekend! Little ghouls and boys can trick-or-treat around the Cincinnati Zoo & BOO-tanical Garden on October 7-8, 14-15, 21-22 & 28-29 from Noon – 5 p.m. Please BYOB (bring your own bag) to help the #GreenestZooinAmerica stay green!
Stop by the Zoo’s Beauty Shop of Horrors for fingernail painting and cool temporary tattoos and witness one of the area’s best magical entertainers – Phil Dalton’s Theater of Illusion. Marvel at the magic each Saturday and Sunday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. in the Wings of Wonder Theater.
The always-popular Search for the Golden Frisch’s Big Boy is back again this year! Two golden big boy statues will be hidden around the Zoo each day of HallZOOween. The two lucky visitors who find them will receive a Frisch’s gift card and Cincinnati Zoo tickets valued at $150. Guests will also enjoy the 4-D Experience in the Zoo’s Special FX 4-D Theater! (There is an additional cost for this attraction.)
HallZOOween Animal Enrichment Activities!
|11:30am||Polar Bear Pumpkin Bash||Bear Hill|
|11:45am||Black Bear Pumpkin Bash||Bear Hill|
|12:00pm||Andean Bear Pumpkin Bash||Bear Hill|
|12:45pm||Reptile Meet & Greet||Reptile House|
|1:00pm||Insect Meet & Greet||World of the Insect|
|1:00pm||Tiger Enrichment||Cat Canyon|
|1:00pm||Otter Enrichment||Wolf Woods|
|1:30pm||Cougar Enrichment||Cat Canyon|
|1:30pm||Painted Dog Enrichment||Painted Dog Valley|
|2:00pm||Pumpkin Smash||Elephant Reserve|
|2:00pm||Bird Meet & Greet||Next to 4-D Theater|
|2:00pm||Kroger Cheetah Encounter||Cheetah Encounter Yard|
|2:30pm||Orangutan/Bonobo Enrichment||Jungle Trails|
|3:00pm||Kroger Cheetah Encounter||Cheetah Encounter Yard|
|4:00pm||Elephant Smash||Elephant Reserve|
Kids are encouraged to wear a costume during HallZOOween, but it is not required.
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgement. Please take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Adults may wear costumes but we ask that they be family-friendly (not gory or scary).
- This event caters to small children. Adults may NOT wear masks that cover the face.
- The Zoo reserves the right to ask adults to remove masks.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from, unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.