It’s never too early to get your new baby in the water! But before we talk about how and where, it’s important to highlight the benefits of swim lessons for babies. According to an article by Lana Whitehead in Brain World magazine, putting your child in early swim lessons:
• Reduces the risk of drowning by up to 88%
• Boosts overall development of the child
• Improves motor development
• Increases memory capacity
• Expands cerebral communication
• Strengthens social confidence
• Enhances neurological development
• Deepens the parent-infant bond
While swim lessons for babies may not be top of mind once they are born, studies have shown that getting your infant confident and comfortable in the water can start as early as 3 months and that early water stimulation had lasting effect on children not only physically, but also mentally and emotionally as well. When tested, perpetual infant swimmers were stronger and more coordinated, had excellent problem-solving skills, and were more self-disciplined with an increased desire to succeed.
So where is the best place to develop all of these new skills?! At Dayton’s only premier Learn-to-swim-facility where we provide top quality swim lessons with an award winning curriculum and an experience, you can’t get at anywhere else.
Our baby-friendly features include:
• Mini 1 & Mini 2 classes, suited for children between 4 and 35 months, accompanied by a parent
• A 6:1 student/teacher ratio
• Comfortable and inviting 90 degree pools
• Private changing rooms big enough for the family
• Clean, inviting state of the art facility
• Changing tables, toddler training toilet seats, and complimentary diapers when needed
• Bumbo seats and high chairs
• A free iplay swim diaper with new enrollment!
Give your baby (or grandbaby) the gift of water safety today! Goldfish has holiday packages available until December 23rd (or while supplies last – whichever comes first)! Give them a call at 937.972.0177 or visit https://www.goldfishswimschool.com/holidaygift to reserve yours today!