Dayton Metro Library is excited to host our annual summer reading program. This year, it’s a different kind of Summer Challenge with lots of new activities that count towards goals.
You can check out digital and physical books (of course!), watch wonderful online performances, participate in virtual summer camps, complete electronic activities, or enjoy any school, parent or community organization’s recommended enrichment activities. All your fun this summer adds up, helping you earn imagination-themed prizes!
Dayton Metro Library Virtual Summer Challenge runs June 1st – August 1st
Don’t miss any of DML’s virtual family programs this summer! They have a full week of virutal video programs, book recommendations, learning activities and more that you can watch at your own pace. Not to mention our weekly challenges. How do you enjoy these? Join our Summer Challenge Facebook Group and Signup for our Weekly Summer Challenge eNewsletter.
Who can participate?
- Children Birth – Grade 12: Can Participate + Earn Prizes
- Adults + Parents: Log Your Reading to Encourage Your Children
Every Monday we’ll recommend new and different activities on this website. There will be week storytimes, booktalks, activities and challenges announced on our 2020 Summer Challenge Facebook Group. Click here to join.
- Reading or being read to (including eBooks, eAudiobooks and eComics)
- Watching educational programs and the Library’s virtual programs
- Participating in online challenges
- Volunteering, helping neighbors or doing chores
- Completing suggested activities from DML or community organizations
- Doing hands-on learning of any kind
- Accomplishing Early Learning Activities (Kindergarten and Younger)
- Be creative and have fun!
Weekly Online Programs
Don’t miss any of DML’s virtual family programs this summer! We have a full week of virutal video programs, book recommendations, learning activities and more that you can watch at your own pace. Not to mention our weekly challenges. How do you enjoy these? Join our Summer Challenge Facebook Group and Signup for our Weekly Summer Challenge eNewsletter.
What about the prizes?
Earn prizes* at 300, 900, 1800 and 2700 minutes. NEW THIS YEAR – choose the prize you prefer from the options available below. Everyone can choose a brand new book at the 900 and 2700 minute levels.
Imagine Your Story
Virtual Adventure Reading Summer Camp
JULY 13 – 17, 10:00 a.m.
For Grades K -3 – A high-energy week exploring local attractions with ThinkTV and PBS Kids. Watch on ThinkTV, ThinkTV’s Facebook page and DML’s Facebook page. Learn more
For more information visit the Dayton Metro Library Website: http://www.daytonmetrolibrary.org/summer