More people are likely to find themselves at home in the coming days and weeks, as schools and colleges cancel in-person classes, and workplaces reduce hours or access for their employees in an effort to contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus
Whether you’re quarantined for Coronavirus, or just home with the flu, Dayton Metro Library has resources you can easily access online, anytime, at DaytonMetroLibrary.org.
These FREE resources are accessible with a Dayton Metro Library card and PIN. People who do not already have DML cards can get an eCard online and have instant access to these digital materials.
Have students at home?
Homework help resources include:
- HelpNow from Brainfuse, which features live one-on-one tutoring from 2:00-11:00 p.m. weekdays.
- Early World of Learning
- Academic Search Premier
- Explora Primary/Secondary School
- Science Reference Center
- World Book Online
- For young children, Tumble Books features animated stories, chapter book read-alongs, games and more, designed to build reading, math and literacy skills in grades K-6.
Now’s the time to teach yourself those skills you’ve wanted to learn! Or just take the time to enjoy a good book, watch movies, binge on TV shows, or listen to music.
- Download ebooks and audiobooks with Overdrive.
- Visit Hoopla for streaming music and shows, as well as ebooks, audiobooks, and e-comics.
- Read the latest issue of your favorite magazine with RBdigital.
- Watch classic, independent and world cinema with Kanopy.
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages or Transparent Language
- Lynda.com from LinkedIn Learning offers expert-led courses and tutorials in technology, business and creative skills.
These online resources are free and accessible from home, school or office. If you don’t have a Dayton Metro Library card, you can get an eCard online and have instant access to these digital materials.