Storytime in Dayton isn’t just for the little ones! Babies, toddlers, preschoolers and even parents can enjoy. Find the perfect place for your child to enjoy a good story or even brush up on some reading fundamentals.
Dayton Metro Libraries: All Locations have storytimes weekly! Check the location nearest to you to find the time to go!
- Belmont Branch, 1041 Watervliet Ave., Dayton
- Brookville Branch, 120 Blue Pride Drive, Brookville
- Burkhardt Branch, 4680 Burkhardt Ave., Dayton
- East Branch, 2008 Wyoming Street, Dayton
- Electra C. Doren Branch, 701 Troy Street, Dayton
- Huber Heights Branch, 6160 Chambersburg Road, Huber Heights
- Kettering-Moraine Branch, 3496 Far Hills Avenue, Kettering
- Madden Hills Branch 2542 Germantown Street, Dayton
- Main Library, 120 S. Patterson Blvd., Dayton
- Miami Township Branch, 2718 Lyons Road, Miamisburg
- Miamisburg Branch, 545 E. Linden Ave., Miamisburg
- New Lebanon Branch, 715 W. Main St., New Lebanon
- Northmont Branch, 333 W. National Rd., Englewood
- Northwest Branch, 2410 Philadelphia Dr., Dayton
- Trotwood Branch, 651 E. Main St., Trotwood
- Vandalia Branch, 330 S. Dixie Dr., Vandalia
- West Carrollton Branch, 300 E Central Ave., West Carrollton
- Westwood Branch, 3207 Hoover Ave., Dayton
- Wilmington-Stroop Branch, 3980 Wilmington Pike, Dayton
Barnes & Noble
Both locations offer multiple story times throughout the week. Check their websites to find the perfect time for you!
- Beavercreek: 2720 Towne Drive, Beavercreek, (937) 429-1660
- Dayton Mall: 2619 Miamisburg-Centerville Rd Dayton (937) 433-0750
Stop by Garbry Big Woods Reserve and enjoy story time in the sunshine with the Troy-Miami County Bookmobile as we learn to “Build a Better World”. In addition to story time hang out with a park district naturalist for some fun activities. Make sure to bring your library card so you can check out books for summer reading! Topics vary be sure to check their website for exact times!
Every Friday at 11:30 am – storytime comes alive with songs, puppets, and fun for the family! Refreshments will be served for all to enjoy. Located at 7100 Foundry Row, Liberty Township, (513) 644-0900
Twigs Kids Bouncing with Books, 1900 S. Alex Road, West Carrolton (937) 866-8356
Monday and Thursday from 10:00 am-11:30 am during the school year (after Labor Day and end before Memorial Day). $9 per child, children under 2 are free with a paid admission of another child in the family. Bounce on trampolines, bounce in a bounce house, free play under the supervision of parents and one TWIGS staff member. This event ends with story time and a corresponding craft. No need to register in advance, just show up! *This event is held during the school year*
Dayton Art Institute, 456 Belmonte Park North, Dayton (937) 223-4278
Tiny Thursdays occur Thursday mornings monthly from 11:15 am- 12:15 pm. Ages 2-5 and a caregiver are invited to join for storytime, a gallery visit, and make-and-take art project. Each month has a different theme: May-Spring, June- Our Outdoor World, July- Nutrition, August- Textures. Cost: $6/child with member caregiver; $8/child with non-member caregiver. For more information or to register in advance, please call.
Paintbrush Pottery, 225W. Central Ave, Springboro (937) 748-8707
On June 15, 11:00 am & 4:00 pm Paint Me a Story will be featuring “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.” You will be painting the cover of the book onto a dessert plate. Check their website for other times this summer!