The answer to a more productive day? An Organized Desk!!
Keeping your workspace clutter free has SO MANY advantages:
1. Increased efficiency – find what you need more quickly!
2. Increased productivity – get more done in less time.
3. Reduced stress – no more digging through a mountain of papers.
4. Find lost items – important papers can easily get misplaced in clutter.
5. Better image – a desk is a reflection of the person, make sure yours is polished and under control.
6. Better time management – a clear desk space allows you to focus and work on the task at hand.
7. Save money – if you make $20 an hour and spend 15 minutes a day looking for things you could save $1,825 a year!
8. Instant gratification in a small amount of time – it doesn’t take long to declutter your desk, and the results are very rewarding!
How to do it:
1. Clear EVERYTHING off your desk – yes, everything.
2. Put things that don’t belong on your desk in a box – put these items away later.
3. File paperwork – ALL paperwork. Papers and projects you are working on can go into a “Working” File.
4. Limit supplies on your desk – only the essentials stored “like with like” in a desktop organizer.
5. Minimal personal items – limit to a few favorites or rotate for a new look every quarter.
6. Use vertical space – hang a corkboard, white board, vertical filing organizer and calendar to keep excess items off your desk.
7. Use the space under your desk – drawers or file boxes are great for items like printer paper and ink.
8. Clean up your desk after every workday – start fresh the next day!
Check out our Organizing the Office Pinterest Board for more desk decluttering ideas! https://www.pinterest.com/silverliningorg/organizing-the-office/