Splash your way through this exhibition that explores the story of water in the Miami Valley! Discover more about our local aquifers, learn about conservation efforts and what you can
Splash your way through this exhibition that explores the story of water in the Miami Valley! Discover more about our local aquifers, learn about conservation efforts and what you can do to preserve this natural resource, and even explore water careers. Discover more about:
- Water Systems – Understanding where our water comes from, this panel includes crucial information about our local watersheds, rivers, lakes, aquifers, well fields, and dams.
- Technology of the Tap – Use this interactive light board to determine how much water is used for everyday chores and activities, including how many gallons of water are consumed for showers, clothes washing, and dishes.
- Waste Management – This crucial step in preserving our water resources focuses on paying attention to what – other than water – we are putting down the drain to return and contaminate to the source.
- Water Department – Discover how water is treated, distributed and managed by Montgomery County.
- Water Careers – From Hydrogeologists to Engineers, the career options for future scientists are virtually unlimited. Young visitors can try on some of these careers at Splash!
- Historical Perspective – Not only can guests feel the weight of a bucket of water that would have been hauled from wells and pumps in decades past, but they can see how the creation of dams and other methods of responsibly using water affect our day-to-day lives.
October 10 (Tuesday) - December 31 (Sunday)
Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
2600 DeWeese Parkway