Warm weather, the promise of longer days and plenty of opportunities to explore Dayton near and far. This list has you covered to keep everyone busy!
1. Try out a splash pad on hot ay around town.
2. Hear a story about the weather followed by an adventure in the park at Possum Creek Metro Park on June 1
3. Take part in family story time and puppet show at Huber Heights Library on June 2.
4. Check out dollar movies at Cinemark.
5. Go to Movies Under Moonlight and watch Secret Life of Pets on June 7.
6. Check out a Touch A Truck event.
7. Delight in the Monarchs at Krohn Conservatory’s Butterfly show (through June 18th)
8. Be a part of the World’s Largest Swimming Lesson on June 22 for Free!
9.Pick your favorite farmers market to go to- almost every day of the week!
10. Join the Dayton Metro Library Summer Challenge to win prizes!
11. Find the perfect place for you and the family U-Pick Berries!
12. Head on over to the Banana Split Festival on June 9 & 10.
13. Check out Kids Bowl Free now until August 27.
14. Visit the Beach Waterpark on a Wednesday for half-price admission on June 7 or 14.
15. See a “dive-in” movie at Kings Island’s Soak City! (Friday nights in July)
16. Take an adventure down the Great Miami River Trail.
17. Spend the day at Yellow Springs Street Fair on June 10.
18. Check out our full list of Summer Festivals in Dayton!
19. Visit the National Museum of the United States Air Force for Family Day on June 17.
20. Shop local and stroll around 2nd Street Market.
21. Go to the Troy Strawberry Festival on June 3 or 4.
22. Visit the Children’s Discovery Garden at Wegerzyn Gardens.
23. Take the kiddos the kids room at the Dayton International Peace Museum.
24. Go to Reds Days at the Cincinnati Zoo on June 16.
25. Head on over to the Boonshoft Museum on June 10 for Fore! The Planet.
26. Check out a drive -in movie theater. Ohio is the 3rd largest state to still have drive-ins open!
27. Take a mini road trip with one of our ideas of 12 quick getaways.
28. Visit the Little Art Theater for a family matinee.
29. Do some Yoga with Cats– it’s free!
30. Take a Tram Tour at Cox Arboretum MetroPark- and it’s FREE!
31. Explore a N. KY playground.
32. Plan a little weekend trip to canoe or kayak.
33. Go to Scene75 for some Indoor Fun.
34. Visit Greene County Library to see Wump Mucket Puppets.
35. Visit a new place to find a sweet treat around town.
36. One a clear summer night, head to Boonshoft Museum to look up at the stars.
37. Visit the SICPA for Furry Film Night on June 23.
38. Take your lunch break at RiverScape MetroPark and listen to acoustic music
39. Ride to the Carillon Historical Park on the Great Miami Trail, July 1.
40. Go to Red, White, Zoo on July 27. Get tickets here.
41. Try Mountain Biking on August 1… Don’t have your own mountain bike? Visit Huffman MetroPark to borrow and take a couple laps on one for free.
42. Take a hike at Glen Helen Nature Center.
43. Youth can fish without a license in Ohio- try at one of these spots!
44. Go to the Chip, Dip & Cheer Summer Festival on July 15 that benefits our furry friends.
45. Enjoy Science Saturdays at Boonshoft Museum on August 19.
46. Visit a playground worth the drive one weekend.
47. Go to a Reds Family Day game on a Sunday.
48. Visit the Cincinnati Zoo on August 19 or 20 and get Half- Priced Admission for Visitor Appreciation Days.
49. Visit the Children’s Museum of Indianapolis!
50. Go to a designated family day at Decoy Art Studio!